Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: hair care

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I've read with interest the taming of the dollie bad hair day, as it were. I would like to give the downy dunk/steaming a try on a doll from the TS. Does anyone know if the recommended methods work on any type of doll hair? Thank you

  2. #2
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  3. #3
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    Ooh please help me! Dear Gracie's hair was a mess due to three years of lots of being "dragged" about. I did the wash, Downey rinse and steam and she is ever so beautiful. My mistake was having allergies. I don't use Downey so borrowed from my mother-in-law. I didn't know there were different types. Now dear Gracie makes me ill to be near because of her "stinky" scent. I re-washed her, even tried Febreeze to whisk away the stench, but alas, she is doomed to stay in the playroom for eternity. Can she be saved ???

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What did you wash the doll's hair with the second time? Did you try the "no fragarance" downey?

    Linda

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thanks for the steps. I will definitly use the fragrance-free. I too dislike too much of a good thing.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    QNPoohBear has a great album. If you want to see more picutes of hair restoration, check my album.

    I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    Jessica

  7. #7
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    I actually didn't do the "Downey" rinse the second time. Just washed hair with scent free shampoo and towel dried. Will dunking her in scent free downey remove the spring fresh downey scent? We're over two hours away from the nearest town/ market so I have to plan a special trip through the snow to get there. Just asking questions to eliminate a dozen trips next week.
    Thanks for the advice [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bugs mc, So sorry to hear about your trouble! I hate for dolls to end up smelling like Downey, too! That's why I recommend using the "Downey-Free", which is fragrence free. It comes in a white bottle, instead of a blue one.

    But now that you're doll is stinking, maybe you could try shampooing the hair again with the synthetic wig shampoo? Or maybe you could fill the pitcher or baking dish with plain water and let her soak for a couple of hours? Maybe change the water if you see it get cloudy?

    Best wishes,
    Joy

  9. #9
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know how it works on wigged hair but on the My Child dolls that I collect (also by mattel from the 80's) we use the smooth and silky Pantene. It works wonders.

    I had a really frizzy haired doll (NOT an AG) and out of pure desperation I used my ceramic hair straightener and it was AMAZING. All the frizz came out and the hair is dead straight and silky smooth. If someone has an AG with a hair chop maybe they could try it and see if the hair can take it. My straightener goes to 240 degrees celcius (not fahrenheit) and the hair took that amount of heat with no problem.

    I am in no way saying that AG hair will be ok though so proceed with caution.

    Juliette

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone on this board (I believe it was Mollygirl?) has used a ceramic hair straightener on AG's with amazing results. Not sure how high a setting she used, though.

    I've been planning to buy one since before Christmas, and only now are things setting down enough to get the time to shop for one! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •